As of November 16, 2020 CAL FIRE has lifted the burn suspension and you can burn WITH a valid burn permit. They will not be issued in-person, you can get them on line by clicking here.
You MUST verify that it is a permissive burn day before you begin to burn. You can call (530)274-7928 or visit Air Quality to check the burn day status.
Safe Pile Burning Recommendations
- Only dry, natural vegetative material may be burned.
- The burning of trash, painted wood or other debris is not allowed.
- Do NOT burn on windy days.
- Piles should be no larger than four (4) feet in diameter and in height. You can add to your pile as it burns down.
- Clear a 10-foot diameter down to bare soil around your piles.
- Always have a shovel and a water source nearby.
- An adult is required to be in attendance of the fire at all times.
If your fire is no longer in your control, dial 9-1-1 immediately.
Report a smoke nuissance to Air Quaility at (530)274-9360