Please Click here to go to the Northern Sierra Air Quality Management District's web site for information about burn day status, where to get a burn permit, and important information about burning. PLEASE be careful when burning and remember, there is NO residential burning inside the city limits of Grass Valley and Nevada City.
- Only burn dry, natural, vegetative material such as leaves, pine needles and tree trimmings that originated on the property.
- DO NOT CREATE A SMOKE NUISANCE FOR YOUR NEIGHBORS
- Burning household garbage or construction materials is NOT allowed.
- Burn Piles can be no larger than 4 feet in diameter.
- Make sure there is at least 10 feet in diameter of clearance around the pile by removing all material that will burn, down to bare mineral soil.
- Always have a water source such as a charged garden hose or a minimum of a 5 gallon pump type water extinguisher.
- Always have a responsible adult needs to be in attendance at all times.
- Finally NEVER burn on windy days!
For the burn day status for Western Nevada County Call: 274-7928
REMEMBER TO CALL EVERY DAY YOU BEFORE YOU BURN!
Outdoor Residential Burning Ban is in Effect in Nevada County